Okay ladies, you’re standing in your closet or flinging the drawers open of your dresser, trying to find something to wear. You’re thinking, “I don’t have time for this. How am I suppose to look good in any of this stuff?” Your hand hits your forehead and you just want to stay in your house wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt. “WHYYYYY?”
We have all heard about detoxing our bodies, drinking specifically made cocktails to cleanse our bodies of nasty toxins and to promote a healthier us from the inside. I too am down for a good clean out but what I want to talk about is cleansing the space in which our outer bodies are given the opportunity to portray how we feel on the inside. So grab your coffee (because there are no juices here!) and check out when it is important to do a closet detox.
When you need the ‘tox’:
- Like I said above, when your hand hits your forehead out of pure frustration of not knowing what to wear.
- You are staring at hanger upon hanger of clothes you have had for what seems like a decade…or two. Put it this way….if you feel like you are stuck in a time warp of outdated style it’s time.
- You feel like you want to express who you are as an individual but lack the clothing that reflects your personal style.
- Maybe you have gone through major life changes and feel the need to declutter and shed the old you.
- You have pieces you like but none of them seem to actually make an outfit. they are just a bunch of separates that don’t work with each other.
- You don’t feel confident when stepping out the door.
- Nothing fits the way it used to. You’ve either lost or gained a few lbs.
All of these are perfect reasons to step back and take a good hard look at your wardrobe and what it is saying about you and how it makes you feel. If it makes you feel less-than it’s time to start your closet cleanse. I can’t drink your juices for you but I can help you in your closet!
Peace love & happy closets